Links to Clubs
England Hockey believe that developing and maintaining links between schools and clubs will build on and enhance the existing PE and sport opportunities available for young people. Through teachers and School Games Organisers, young people will be guided from schools to affiliated hockey clubs.
Benefits of linking with a hockey club
- To increase the number of young people participating in hockey and to give them more opportunities to play the game, both within school and out of school hours
- To improve opportunities and education for pupils and staff in playing, coaching and umpiring hockey
- Leadership for pupils – opportunities to work alongside coaches and other trained club officers as well as the England Hockey Quicksticks Leadership Course
- Shared equipment and facilities – for playing, training, and social & community events
- Funding – support with access to funding where a link enhances a funding bid application or where a club can share resources. Accessing funds that schools are not eligible for and community groups are, and vice versa
For more information please contact your England Hockey Relationship Manager.