Quicksticks training courses are designed as an introduction and to help build confidence in its delivery. There are two training options available:
- Online course (video based)
- Practical course
Both training options follow the module outline at the bottom of this page.
The Quicksticks online training course has been developed as a more flexible training tool to sit alongside the Quicksticks practical course.
A series of videos and supporting downloads take you through the steps of planning and delivering Quicksticks in various settings including artificial pitches, tennis courts, playgrounds and sports halls.
Complete within 30 minutes, at your own pace or revisit to fit in with your own schedule and commitments.
Please contact your School Games Organiser or feeder secondary school to raise your interest in attending a Quicksticks practical training course.
Course Module Outline
The course objectives are as follows:
- Introduction of Quicksticks
- To understand how Quicksticks is played
- To understand how the resources work – Curriculum Resource and Challenge Cards
- To ensure safe practise in the delivery of Quicksticks
- Increase confidence of teachers/community sports coaches to deliver Quicksticks