Links to Schools
England Hockey believe that developing and maintaining links between clubs and schools will build on and enhance the existing PE and sport opportunities available to young people, and through co-ordinator partnerships, young people will be guided from schools to hockey clubs linked to those partnerships.
Benefits of linking with schools
- To increase the number of young people participating in hockey and to give them more opportunities to play the game, both within school and out of school hours
- To improve Coach / Teacher Education for both club and school staff
- To improve opportunities and education for pupils and staff in umpiring and officiating
- Leadership for pupils – opportunities to work alongside coaches and other trained club officers as well as formal awards such as the England Hockey Leadership Award
- Publicity and promotion of hockey within the school, club and externally through the media.
- Shared Facilities – playing (ATP), training (indoor and outdoor, gymnasium & fitness studios), clubhouse, conference / meetings, social events etc
- Sharing of equipment including sticks, balls and goalkeeper kit
- Competition – supported and organised competition within and/or between schools at school or club facilities
- Social for pupils and staff – opportunity for involvement in social club environment
- Funding – support with access to funding where a link enhances a funding bid application or where a club can share resources. Accessing funds that schools are not eligible for and community groups are, and vice versa
For more information please contact your England Hockey Relationship Manager.